Meals on Wheels of Central Vermont provides a meal and a visit to our elderly and disabled neighbors daily. Our goal is to help them remain in their homes as long as they are able.
Here is a chance to help Northern Vermont University-Johnson and UVM.
I am a faculty member and researcher at Northern Vermont University-Johnson. One of my undergraduate Health Sciences students and I are working with colleagues at UVM to better understand the nutrition and physical activity needs of community-dwelling older Vermonters. We are conducting focus group sessions throughout the state. We were wondering, and hoping, that you would be willing to share the short blurb below on your social media pages, website, newsletter and/or listserv to help us get the word out. Please don’t hesitate to reach out of you have any questions! I am happy to set up a quick call to tell you more. A photo of our flyer is also attached if that works better for you. Thank you!
Nutrition and Physical Activity Discussion Group
Research teams at Northern Vermont University-Johnson and the University of Vermont are currently recruiting community members for a study to better understand the nutrition and physical activity needs of older Vermonters. It is essential to identify these needs to allow for older adults to remain healthy and active in their own homes as they age.
Want to participate?
– Research teams are recruiting community members who live in Vermont year round and are aged 60 or older. What is involved:
– A brief, ~10 minute survey describing a little bit about yourself and your community.
– A one-time conversational group discussion with fellow Vermonters based on nutrition, physical activity and community resources. What are the Benefits?
– Learn more about resources in your area.
– Become a resource for other older adults in your community.
– Receive a $25 Amazon gift card after the group discussion!
Want to learn more?
Contact us by phone: (802)-635-1331
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow this link to find out more information about our research:
Making a Donation to Help Feed
at Risk Seniors in Central Vermont is Easy
& It’s Tax Deductible!
To make a secure donation online, please click the donate button below where you will find the option of making a one-time or a recurring donation.
Visit our donate page for other donation methods.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!